by: Kayla Nickles
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.”
When we accept Jesus into our hearts as our Lord and Savior, we are made new. Everything that we were before that moment of accepting Jesus will not completely disappear, but it will seem less appealing to us. Those old things won’t fulfill us like they did before. They will become “dead weight.” That “dead weight” will be lifted off us and our being will flourish in the lightness of Jesus if we accept Him as our Lord and Savior.
Just like when a butterfly lets go of their life as a caterpillar to become a butterfly, God wants you to let go of your old life as someone who lives in sin and becomes a new creation through Him. Are you ready to be made new? Are you ready to spread your wings?
Just like when a butterfly lets go of their life as a caterpillar to become a butterfly, God wants you to let go of your old life as someone who lives in sin and become a new creation through Him. Are you ready to be made new? Are you ready to spread your wings?
This New Year is a great time to let go of your “caterpillar ways” and become a whole new creation! Here are the steps to becoming a new creation through God:
1. Believe that God is your heavenly Father. He always was, is, and will be the creator of everything. Admit it to yourself and others. (Revelation 1:8)
2. Believe that Jesus is who God says he is. Jesus is God’s only son, and He sent Jesus to the world to save us. (John 3:16) The only way to get to God is through Jesus (John 14:6).
3. Believe that YOU are who God says you are. You are God’s child, and He loves you! You are a unique creation that’s special in every way to God. He wants you to believe in yourself. (John 1:12)
4. Turn away from your old ways and towards the newness of Christ. Even though you are special, you are also a sinner (Romans 3:23). Turn away from your sin and confess it to Jesus. Ask for him to forgive you. He will fill you with his Spirit and guide you to a gift of eternal life (Romans 6:23).
5. Share Jesus with others! This is our Great Commission as Christians:
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20)
When we do these five steps, we will become new through Jesus Christ; our wings will spread, and the beautiful colors will reflect God’s glory!
Thank you for this past year. Thank you for a new life. Please forgive me for my sins and help me to turn away from them. Thank you for sending your son Jesus to this earth to die for my sins. Help me to believe in You, Jesus, and myself. Help me to share your love with others and help me to please you through everything that I do. Please, Lord, forgive me when I fail you. Help others to see you through me throughout this New Year. Let this year be the best year of my life, so far. Thank you for all that you have done, are doing, and will do for me, Lord. I love you.
For it’s in your name I pray,